Healthy, easy, veggie dessert - carrot custard
We should eat at least 400 grams of veggies every day, each of our meals should contain some veggies. But if you are wondering how to squeeze them into a dessert, try this carrot custard with fresh ginger recipe. It’s a great boost for immune system, our sight and our skin due to high content of vitamin A, which our body turns into beta carotene. It also contains cinnamon for sugar control in our blood. This healthy custard has roughly 100 calories per portion, so you can enjoy every nutritious and delicious bite!
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Splash of skimmed or plant based milk of your choice
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish.
- Peel of the carrots and cut them into pieces.
- Steam the carrots until each piece is soft and mushy.
- Grate the ginger and combine with carrots in a medium bowl, add other ingredients - adjust the quantity of spices and sugar to your own liking. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to bowls and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Your yummy, vitamin A loaded dessert is ready! It will benefit from some chilling in the fridge, but if you can’t wait to dig in enjoy it right away!
For roasted potatoes:
- 1 large potato, cut in cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- smoked paprika, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste