Delicious stress busting chocolate & almond cake recipe!
When we are stressed we often look for something yummy to nibble on. When this happens it’s great to have something which will not only improve our mood by delighting our taste buds, but will also have nutritious and anti-stress value. We present a recipe for an almond and blackcurrant chocolate cake, which will take care of your well being in every way a good chocolate cake should.
Ingredients for 8 portions:
- 1 cup blackcurrants (fresh or frozen)
- 4 eggs
- 2,5 cups raw almonds
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cocoa powder
For the topping:
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 0,5 cup coconut or regular cream
- Freeze-dried berries and coconut flakes
Instructions for the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 160 C degrees
- Dry toast the almonds in a dry pan over low heat. Put aside to cool.
- In a food processor mix the almonds with blackcurrants, eggs, coconut oil, honey, baking soda and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Grease the cake tin and pour the mixture inside. Place it in the preheated oven to bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a wood skewer comes out clean and dry.
- Leave to cool completely before taking it out of the tin.
Instructions for the topping:
- Chop the chocolate and put the chunks and coconut cream into a small saucepan. Put the saucepan over a low heat. Whisk continuously until melted together. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Leave it to cool slightly, for few minutes and then drizzle over the cake.
- To finish up sprinkle over the freeze-dried berries and coconut flakes.
Enjoy the delicious, energy boosting & stress busting dessert!