Healthy bites for extra energy - no bake energy balls recipe
Feeling fatigue is hard to fight, because the symptoms can really bring you down. So next time if you feel tired at home, work or at uni - make sure you have these with you: no bake energy balls. They are extremely easy to prepare, and the proteins content will boost you energy in no time! Plus they make a nice snack or even a little dessert to enjoy on your busy day!.
- 1,5 cup natural almond butter
- 1,5 cup vanilla whey protein powder*
- 0,3 cup coconut flour
- 1,5 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0,25 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
* use plant-based protein powder if you prefer the energy balls to be dairy free
- Mix the almond butter, protein powder, coconut flour, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon and the almond milk together in a large bowl until it reaches the consistency of a dough soft enough to roll the balls.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- You can start forming the balls. If the dough is overly sticky sprinkle your hands with the coconut flour. Roll into 12 big walnut size balls.
You can enjoy the energy balls right after preparing or store in the refrigerator for later. It makes a great snack, you can reach for whenever you need an energy kick!