Veggie frittata recipe
Frittata takes a bit prep time, but is very easy. In the recipe we propose you we suggest using bell peppers as the main veggie, as they taste brilliantly combined with eggs. Bell peppers, called capsicum as well, are low in calories and exceptionally rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, making them an excellent addition to a healthy diet.
- 3 bell peppers (one red, one orange, one yellow)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 12 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a medium size baking pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Chop all the veggies (bell peppers, zucchini and onion) and then place them in a large bowl. Drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Toss everything together and place the veggies on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes - after 15 minutes flip the veggies.
- Remove veggies from the oven and allow to cool. Reduce cooking temperature to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl combine together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- If the veggies are cooled enough add them to the egg mixture, combine and place into prepared pan. Crumble the goats cheese on top and sprinkle with sliced scallions.
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until the eggs have puffed up and are set through the center.
This frittata is best served with a side of green salad or/ and toasted rye bread. Enjoy your delicious nutritional meal!