Unique chai tea infused oatmeal recipe.
Your breakfast should take care of filling you up with energy for the whole day. Oatmeal contains soluble fiber which stays in the stomach longer and helps you feel fuller for longer. This prevents overeating later on in the day and helps you maintain a healthy weight. That’s why you should never skip breakfast and preferably chose oats. The recipe we have for you contains an extra energy boost coming from a black chai tea. You can prepare it with a decaffeinated tea though, if you’d rather skip it. It’s a yummy twist to the traditional bowl of oats.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 2 unsweetened chai tea bags
- 1,5 cups rolled oats
- 2 bananas
- 0,25 teaspoon sea salt
- 0,5 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 0,25 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 800 ml water
- Cut one banana into cubes and slice the other one.
- Boil the water in a medium saucepan. Once it’s boiling add tea bags, cover and turn off heat.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes and then discard tea bags. Turn on the medium-low heat and stir in oats, cubed banana and salt. Add milk and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Boil until oats are tender.
- In the meantime, heat a small pan on medium-high, add shredded coconut and swirl it around until golden (about 20 seconds). turn of the heat and set it aside.
- Divide oatmeal among bowls and garnish with banana slices, cherries and toasted coconut.
Enjoy your morning bowl of oats and the kick of energy and have a perfect day!