Nutritious snack recipe - roasted and salted almonds
It’s snacking time! But a healthy, energy and nutrition providing snacking. We have a recipe for roasted & salted almonds for you, which you can prepare at home. Almonds provide great abundance of nutrition, mostly vitamin E, Magnesium and Manganese, which makes them a perfect anti-stress snack for work, or a perfect evening snack to bite on instead of crisps while watching your favourite TV show or a game.
- 4,5 cups raw, whole almonds
- 1,5 tablespoons hot water
- 1,5 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the raw almonds in a large metal or ceramic mixing bowl (don’t use plastic).
- Heat oven to 190 degrees C and line a large baking sheet.
- Put the salt into the hot water and stir until mostly dissolved, then pour the mixture over the nuts in the bowl and combine until all are coated.
- Lay the nuts on the prepared baking sheet in one layer.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, stir well and spread back into a single layer.
- Bake for another 6-8 minutes, depending on how strong your oven is. Take one one nut and cut it in halves to see if it's browned inside. They should also have a nice brown colour from outside. (they can burn quickly, so watch out, however more roasted they are, crispier they are).
- Once baked, transfer the hot nuts back into the bowl and pour the olive oil over them. Toss well until all the nuts are coated, shaking on some extra sea salt to taste.
- Leave the nuts to cool in the bowl. While cooling they will soak up the oil.
- You can store the almonds in an airtight container at room temperature for couple of days.
Almonds considered to be a great antioxidants provider, especially vitamin E, are a perfect choice of snack - so nibble on!