Beta carotene rich snack - homemade sweet potato fries
Nutritious and delicious crispy sweet potato fries are packed with beta carotene, which your body turns into vitamin A and are rich in vitamin C and potassium. They make not only a yummy side dish, but also a healthy snack. So next time when you’ll be craving for a yummy nibble, give this recipe for homemade sweet potato fries a go.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional spices: freshly ground black pepper, rosemary, cayenne pepper - spices of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into equal size fries.
- Sprinkle the sweet potato fries with the cornstarch and salt. Toss until the fries are lightly coated in powder. Drizzle the olive oil over the fries and toss until evenly coated in oil.
- Transfer fries on tha baking tray - arrange in a single - this way they will be crispy. Bake for 20 minutes, and flip the fries so they can bake evenly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 more minutes, or until the fries are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and season with additional spices if desired.
Enjoy them warm! They taste even better with a dip - try them with tzatziki. Bon appetite!