High in nutrition and proteins pan seared turkey breast recipe
Turkey meat is considered to be one the healthiest meats - it is highly nutritional: rich in niacin, vitamin B6, B12, selenium, zinc and many others vitamins and minerals. Vitamins B are vital in in the production of red blood cells, DNA, neurotransmitters and energy. Turkey meat is also very high in proteins, hence it’s perfect for an after workout meal. We present a recipe for tasty pan-seared turkey breast with lemon and herbs. It’s very simple and not at all time consuming in preparation. We suggest to serve the turkey breast with a side of wilted green leaves, but any green veggies: broccoli, edamame beans, green salad would go great with it.
- 250 grams turkey breast
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola or any vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon mixed and chopped fresh herbs: rosemary, thyme, sage, Provence herbs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 900 g spinach or baby kale leaves
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- Cut the turkey breast in 4 thin slices and season them with sea salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Pour some oil onto a pan - it should coat the entire bottom of the pan. Place the meat slices in a single layer and sear for about 2 minutes.
- Now flip the cutlets and sprinkle with the chopped herbs. Cook until the slices are golden brown (another 2 minutes).
- Remove the turkey breast onto the plates.
- Put the chicken broth in the pan and add greens. Wilt the greens down in the broth for two minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the greens with tongs and transfer to two plates. Reduce the broth by half, add a squeeze of lemon, mix and pour the sauce over the cutlets.
- Serve the pan seared turkey breast with additional lemon wedges.
Enjoy your light, nutritious meal!