Morning boost of energy - green smoothie recipe
Drinking juices and smoothies became very popular recently. No wonder: they are delicious and super healthy, as long as they are made with no extra sugar. To make sure you get it right prepare your own green smoothie or juice using a blender. It’s packed with many vitamins A, B complex, C, K and minerals, particularly calcium, manganese and magnesium. It can replace your breakfast or second breakfast, you can prepare it at home and consume on your way to work, so it’s a great option for active, busy professionals who want to keep a healthy diet. It’s also a great option for people who don’t consume enough veggies in their every day diet. The quantities here make up for almost half of your daily fruits and veggie portion.
- 1,5 cups of water
- 2 cups curly kale
- 2 green apples
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 medium cucumber
- small piece of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of two lemons)
- Get your fruits and veggies ready: core the apples and cut them into medium size chunks, chop the celery stalks, parsley leaves and cucumber, peel of and slice the ginger.
- Transfer all the ingredients into the blender jug (starting with water) and blend on the highest level setting, until the juice reaches a consistency of a smoothie.
- If you like the pulp in your juice, pour the smoothie into glasses and serve. If you prefer a more runny consistency, pour the mixture to the glass through a fine strainer, use a tablespoon to press the pulp into the strainer to extract as much liquid as possible.
We do encourage you though to keep the pulp, as it has additional essential nutrients. Go green and enjoy your morning!