Brain boosting strawberry & cucumber salad recipe.
What we love about salads is that they are perfect for any meal throughout the day. This brain boosting, light, colorful strawberry and cucumber salad, would make a great breakfast, light lunch or a dinner side dish. It’s packed with vitamin C and antioxidants, which are one of the most useful nutrients for the health of the brain. Getting full on strawberries and cucumber is a great natural way to improve concentration and memory.
- 500 grams strawberries,
- 3 cucumbers,
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half tablespoon lemon juice (juice from one lemon)
- Trim the strawberries and cucumbers.
- Cut the strawberries in half or quarters (or quarters if they’re quite big) and slice the cucumbers, then cut each slice into four pieces. Toss the strawberries and cucumber chunks in a big bowl.
- Crumble the feta and add to the bowl, along with toasted almonds and trimmed mint leaves.
- Mix the olive oil and lemon juice well, then toss together with the salad mixture until well combined.
This salad is best served right away, but it will benefit as well from being chilled for couple of hours. It's very refreshing, as the mints adds extra coolness. Enjoy!